• Economic Journalist
Diario Los Andes - Supplement Economía-
June 1998, to present, Mendoza, Argentina
Responsibilities: Research and write articles on micro and macroeconomic trends in local, national and international business for weekly economic supplement to Mendoza’s largest daily newspaper.
Also, provide economic/business coverage for the daily edition.
Achievements: Award and recognition from national and international entities (for details see “Journalism Awards and/or Achievements section”).
Articles can be viewed at: www.losandes.com.ar
• Researcher –Latin America- Avina Foundation www.avina.net
From June, 2010 to April 2011
Member of the research group that carried out the first report on Corporate Social Responsibility in Latin America, www.avinarse.org/pdfs/Libro-RSEeng-FINAL.pdf
This historic document was written by a group of experts, and was based on different points of views from more than 70 specialists working for the government, multinationals, and NGO´s. They explained what happened in CSR from 1999 to 2009 in Latin America.
Responsibilities: Face to face interviews with different social leaders in Ecuador, Perú, Bolivia and Paraguay.
At the end of the process, experts´ views were included in Avina´s report.
• InWEnt Capacity Building International, www.giz.de
, October, 2009.
Forum Corporate Social Responsibility European Union and Latin American-
Services for the rapporteur for two working tables, summarization of the most important results of the working tables (on the basic of the given structure and in cooperation with the moderator) and assisting specialist Mercedes Korin with the elaboration and edition of the final document of the Forum that was discussed in Europe in 2010.
• Conference: “How to build your happiness at work”,. April, 15th, 2016. Mendoza, Argentina.Organized by Fundación ProMendoza.
• Conference: “How to conquer Personal Development. The biggest barrier to personal improvements”. March 17th, 2015. Mendoza, Argentina. Organized by Consejo Profesional de Ciencias Económicas de Mendoza, 2015.
• Workshop: “The importance of CSR in bussiness”. May 29th, 2014. Mendoza, Argentina.
Organized by Universidad Nacional de Cuyo.
• Workshop: “Creativity: Open the doors of your potential”. Workshop: “My family, my work and I. How to conciliate those realities”. April, 28th, 2014. Mendoza, Argentina. Organized by Universidad Nacional de Cuyo.
• International Conference on Corporate Social Responsibility April 13th and 14th, 2011. Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Organized by the Argentine Institute of CSR.
Moderator of the CSR managers conferences. They showed relevant aspects of their sustainability reports.
• VI Argentine Meeting on Mining Law. VII Latin American and Caribbean Meeting on Mining Law November 15th and 16th, 2007. Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Organized by Panorama Minero magazine and sponsored by Embassies of Canada, Sweden, Brasil, Bolivia, México, Colombia, Chile and Perú.
Lecture: “Supplier Diversity in Your Business”.
• Annual Seminar VALOS. August 7th, 2007. Mendoza, Argentina
Organized by VALOS an organization, which promotes sustainability in Mendoza.
Lecture: “The Importance of Communication in Sustainable Development Process”.
• Corporate Social Responsibility Working Breakfast July 24th, 2007, Buenos Aires, Mendoza
Organized by the Camara de Comercio Argentino Británica en Argentina.
Lecture: “7 Dilemmas about CSR in Argentina”.
• International Workshop “Corporate Social Responsibility and the Media” October 19th-20th, 2006, Salamanca, Spain.
Organized by Salamanca University.
Lecture: “Implementing CSR Principles in the Media” and “The Media: its Role in Promoting and Raising Awareness of CSR” Case studies.
• II Workshop about Corporate Social Responsibility
“Are People Interested in Corporate Social Responsibility?” November 2005. Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Organized by Palermo University.
Lecture: “Challenges and Obstacles in Promoting Corporate Social Responsibility”.
• National Meeting Impulsar Foundation
“Strengthening Network among Young Entrepreneurs”
October 2005, Mendoza, Argentina.
Lecture: “The Media´s Role in Promoting Sustainable Development for Small and Medium Sized Companies”. Organized by the Impulsar Foundation.
• II International Seminar
“Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Development for the Mining Industry”
June 2005, Mendoza, Argentina.
Lecture: “CSR in the Core Business”.
Organized by the Government of Mendoza and Cordón del Plata Foundation.
• Workshop about Corporate Social Responsibility
“Challenges and Problems Related to External Communications”
April 2005, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Lecture: “Social Tendencies in Corporate Social Responsibility for Journalists”.
Organized by the University of Palermo and Comunicarse company.
• “Workshop about Corporate Social Responsibility”
March 2005, Mendoza. Argentina.
Organized by the Graduate Office -Social Sciences School.
• VII Encuentro de Fundaciones del MERCOSUR VII MERCOSUR Foundation Meeting
November 18th-21st, 2004, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Invited by the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), the Argentine Social Ministry and the Argentine Federations of Mercosur.
• II Inter American Conference on Corporate Social Responsibility
September 26th-28th, 2004, México City.
Invited by the Inter American Development Bank and the Mexican Philanthropy Center.
• Stakeholder Engagement Process
(www.angloamerican.co.uk) December,2007, Chile
Conducted eight interviews with corporate stakeholders of a multinational mining companies and leaders at NGO.
Interviews were part of the next stage in the development of Anglo American and its country level sustainable development reporting.
• The International Council on Mining & Metals- ICMM
(www.icmm.com) March 2007, Chile
Attended two media interviews with Paul Mitchell, president of ICMM. Resource Endowment launch event and host journalists.
Responded to all queries from journalists.
Collected contacts from journalists met during the day and supply to Ben Peachey Director of Communication at ICMM.
Collate all press clipping as a result of media interviews and Resource Endowment launch and supply to ICMM in the UK.
Send final report with advice and recommendation to Ben Peachey.
• International-Global Report Initiative GRI
(www.globalreporting.org) December, 2004 to June, 2006
Contribution to the development of the next generation of Guidelines (G3) in 2006.
Technical support to “Stakeholder Engagement & Reporting Principles Group” at the GRI.
The Collaborating Center of the United Nations Environment Program has discussed new international guidelines for the year 2006.
• “In Search of Sustainability, The Road of Corporate Social Responsibility in Latin America and AVINA’s Foundation Contribution”.
Publisher AVINA Foundation, March, 2011, Buenos Aires, Argentina
• “Corporate Social Responsibility and The Media”
Publisher Salamanca University, March, 2007, Spain
• “Perspectives from the South”
Publishe SOMO (Dutch Organization which promotes sustainable practices around the world)
Contripution for chapter “The Media Role in our Society”
January, 2005, Netherlands.
• “85th Anniversary of the Dutch, Argentine Chamber of Commerce in Argentina”
Contribution for Chapter Seminar on Corporate Social Responsibility, pages 28-39.
Publisher Akian Grafical Editorial. 2004, Argentina
• “Estrategias Comunicacionales en la Prevención del Uso de Drogas Adictivas”
Publisher School of Medicine and School of Political Sciences, University of Cuyo, December, 1996, Argentina.
"Comunicacional Strategies for the Prevention of Drug Abuse”
CSR COLUMNIST & WRITER
• Canadian Mining Journal March, 2003, to October, 2011, Ontario- Canada
Responsibilities: CSR columns for the mining sector. Research and write articles on the South America mining industry and Canadian mining companies in the region, www.canadianminingjournal.com
• Freelance Contributor Decanter Magazine and Web site December, 2003, to January, 2006, London, England
Responsibilities: Research and write articles about Argentine and Chilean wine industries, including wine marketing, future strategies, wine prices and harvest information.
Achievements: specialized articles related to South American wine industry published in one of the most important media companies specialized in wine in Europe, which is sold in 92 countries around the world. www.decanter.com
• Freelance Travel Writer Globe and Mail Travel Section January 17th, 2004, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Researched and wrote an article on Mendoza´s annual wine festival.
Achievement: the article reached over 1 million readers through one of the most prestigious newspapers in Canada.
• Contributing Writer Gerencia Vitivinícola Magazine June, 2000, to December, 2002, Mendoza, Argentina
Responsibilities: Researched and wrote articles about the Argentine wine industry with a focus on national and international market, as well as regular analysis of tourism related to the wine industry, including merchandising, lodging, souveniers.
Achievement: Small producers started joint venture after reading article on small business exports. www.areadelvino.com
• Contributing Writer Bodegas y Terruños Magazine June, 2000, to December, 2002, Mendoza, Argentina
Responsibilities: Researched and wrote articles about the wine industry in the Mendoza region, including the history of wineries in Mendoza, and the development of the “wine culture” in Argentina. www.areadelvino.com
• Frelance Contributor Cambio Competitivo Magazine June, 2000, to June, 2001, Mendoza, Argentina
Responsibilities: Researched and wrote articles for a publication produced by the Universidad del Aconcagua.
• Contributing Writer Revista de la Bolsa de Comercio Magazine June, 1996, to June, 1998, Mendoza, Argentina
Responsibilities: Researched and wrote articles for monthly magazine produced by the Mendoza Stock Exchange. Articles dealt with local agricultural and industrial production, analysis of international affairs related to agricultural and industrial products, and analysis of the different financial possibilities for the growth of small businesses.
Achievement: Customized general information oriented to a specialized public. www.bolsamza.com.ar
• Assistant Correspondent Diario de Cuyo Newspaper June, 1996, to May, 1998, San Juan, Argentina
Responsibilities: Coverage of general current issues, government activities, social, sport event, accidents, crime. www.diariodecuyo.com.ar
• Professor in Corporate Social Responsibility Rectorado, Universidad Nacional de Cuyo March, 2014 Mendoza, Argentina
Professor in Corporate Social Responsibility Rectorado, Universidad Nacional de Cuyo, from March to December 2014 Mendoza, Argentina.
• Assistant Teacher in Visual Communication Facultad de Ciencias Políticas y Sociales Universidad Nacional de Cuyo- June, 1996 to August, 1999, Mendoza, Argentina
Responsibilities: Designed assignments and provided oral and written evaluations of student performance. Also, contributed articles to publications.